- Students work in groups of no more than three.
- Make a 2-3 minute short film about an aspect of Warrnambool College for our new Yr 7 students.
- The best movie from each class will be screened to all Year 7 classes in the Auditorium
- Final judging will take place in the last week of Year 7 classes this year.
- Win prizes: iTunes & Canteen vouchers
Next week we will be working collaboratively on Google documents.
Today you need to check that you can access them.
Add your name to the list on the shared document:
The program Comic Life is a fantastic visual tool to help tell a story.
For this lesson, your task is to create a comic story of the Warrnambool College Athletics Carnival, (from the photos in the iLearn folder). Each student is to create a comic using photos, text, speech bubbles, colours & effects.
When you have finished, you will need to export the comic as a jpg picture which will be uploaded to your Blog.
You might be interested in uploading some work as a video on your blog. Well, the first task is to actually make a movie… we’ll be doing that later in the year.
If you have used Windows Movie Maker to create the movie file, you will need to upload the wmv file to your media library.
Once that’s done, paste this section of code into the post, changing the name of the filename.wmv to the actual url of your file.
<object width=”480″ height=”320″ classid=”clsid:6bf52a52-394a-11d3-b153-00c04f79faa6″ codebase=”http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.cab#Version=5,1,52,701″><param name=”url” value=”http://mrvincent.global2.vic.edu.au/files/2013/08/Test-movie-1n9r4vt.wmv” /><param name=”autostart” value=”false” /><param name=”showcontrols” value=”true” /><param name=”pluginspage” value=”http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/MediaPlayer/” /><param name=”url” value=”http://mrvincent.global2.vic.edu.au/files/2013/08/Test-movie-1n9r4vt.wmv” /><embed width=”480″ height=”320″ type=”application/x-mplayer2″ src=”http://mrvincent.global2.vic.edu.au/files/2013/08/Test-movie-1n9r4vt.wmv” url=”http://mrvincent.global2.vic.edu.au/files/2013/08/Test-movie-1n9r4vt.wmv” autostart=”false” showcontrols=”true” pluginspage=”http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/MediaPlayer/” /></object>
If you have an mp4 version of the movie, the code will be different:
<video width=”480″ height=”320″ controls=”controls”>
<source src=”http://mrvincent.global2.vic.edu.au/files/2013/08/Test-movie-2iww6eq.mp4″ type=”video/mp4″ />
<object data=”http://mrvincent.global2.vic.edu.au/files/2013/08/Test-movie-2iww6eq.mp4″ width=”480″ height=”320″>
<embed src=”http://mrvincent.global2.vic.edu.au/files/2013/08/Test-movie-2iww6eq.mp4″ width=”480″ height=”320″>
<PARAM NAME=”autoplay” VALUE=”false” >
<PARAM NAME=”preload” VALUE=”false” >
Your browser does not support video
The movie should be automatically embedded in the post in Internet Explorer like these ones:
Your task is to reflect on what you have done at school so far this year, using the 5 x 5 x 5 presentation technique.
Your presentation style must be:
– 5 slides (plus a title slide)
– 5 items (dot points and or images)
– 5 words per dot point
You must mention at least three subjects – one must be iLearn.
You will be assessed by two others from the class, using the rubric.
After your assessment has been completed, you will need to make a post on your blog summarising what the 5 x 5 x 5 means & whether you found it to be a helpful strategy for presenting.
Over the next few weeks, teachers will be writing reports. For iLearn, we will be looking at how well you have setup your online portfolio including the following tasks:
- Setup of blog page (theme, widgets etc)
- Introduction about yourself
- Uploading a picture
- Comments on other classmates blogs
- Reviews of other blog pages
- Google Searching tips
- Multiple intelligence surveys
- Online portfolio created
- At least three blog posts for your classwork
- Uploading a document
- Excel Smartie statistics, including graph
- Cyber Safety summary
- To understand the implications of cyber bullying
- To be able to manage behaviour appropriately in online instant messaging environments
- To understand implications of spam text messages
- Learn how to protect your digital reputation.
Demonstrate the CyberNetrix interactive website: http://www.cybersmart.gov.au/cybernetrix/ Work in pairs to create a “profile” and then explore the site. You must explore at least the “chat room” (click on the desktop computer) and the mobile phone issues (click on the mobile phone on the bed), and then have a go at the quiz (click on the Rubik’s cube).
Make a blog post – write about two new things that you learnt about cybersafety. One about how to protect yourself, and another about your responsibilities online.
An introduction to the use of spreadsheets to collate & present data.
Instruction sheet: Smartie Statistics
Once you start adding work to your digital portfolio on your blog page, you will need a way of sorting it into categories. WordPress allows you to assign a post to different categories – you should have a category for each subject.
So that readers can easily navigate through the different categories and find particular posts, you should create a custom header. This can have categories added to it, so that posts will be easily found under the heading. For example, clicking on Maths will display all of the posts in the Maths category.
So how is this done?
1. Make sure that your posts have at least one category (not just uncategorised). You can create the catetgories by clicking on Posts > Categories
2. Create a custom header (Appearance > Header) and use this header for the main navigation.
3. Add your categories to the custom header.