When posting anything to the web, and especially on your blog, you must:
- Be responsible.
- Don’t post anything about yourself that you wouldn’t like to see posted world wide.
- NEVER post your full name or the full name of others – only first names (and last initial if necessary).
- NEVER post photos of others without their permission. Never identify individuals by name in the photos.
- NEVER post any details about where you might live:
Hi I’m Robert and I live at the top end of Liebig St Warrnambool – BAD!!!
Hi I’m Robert and I live in Warrnambool – GOOD!!!
- · NEVER post any information that may lead to your identity. Be careful of any information you reveal.
I play basketball for the Warrnambool Mermaids – my game’s at 7.30 this Friday – BAD!!!
I play basketball with a local team during the week – GOOD!!!
- Always watch for inapporpriate content – report any problems.
- Beware of clicking on hyperlinks – they could lead to inappropriate content.
- Write with full words and sentences – not mobile phone talk.
- Remember- anyone can write anything on the Internet. Don’t believe everything you read.
Don’t forget that everyone at Warrnambool College must follow the school’s “Appropriate Use of ICT” policy – this is in your planner if you need to check.